Learn how to draw a butterfly for kids step by step with this elementary drawing tutorial for schoolers and preschoolers.
Hi guys! In this drawing lesson, we will try to teach you how to draw a butterfly for kids and novice artists. Drawing a butterfly is one of the most basic lessons, along with a rose lesson, as it teaches you to draw basic elements and symmetrical shapes first.
As you know, butterflies are such delicate, fragile creatures and cannot be touched. But they are insanely beautiful and come in different types. It is noteworthy that butterflies bring both great benefits and harm to agriculture. In the caterpillar stage, they destroy the leaves on the fruit trees, leading to crop loss. At the same time, adult butterflies help cross-pollinate and self-pollinate plants. Both caterpillars and adults serve as food for many birds. And there is no need to talk about the benefits of the silkworm – it is a producer of natural silk. Adult butterflies have large, often brightly colored wings and a noticeable flapping flight. Butterflies have a life cycle ranging from the larva (pupa) to the beauty in the form of a winged insect.
But, unfortunately, they live very little. Adults can live from several weeks to a year, depending on the species. But we will solve this problem. We will draw a butterfly, or maybe even several. Cut them out of paper and attach them to the wall. Follow our advice step by step, and you will definitely get a beautiful insect.
Time needed: 15 minutes.
How to Draw a Butterfly for Kids
- Draw the head.
The first step is to draw the head. In the middle of the sheet, draw a small head in the shape of a circle.
- Draw the body.
The body has the shape of an elongated oval. In the middle of the body, draw 2 parallel lines for a pattern.
- Draw a muzzle.
We will draw its eyes and mouth: two points on the top of its head and an arc under them. The ears will look like two antennae with circles at the top.
- Draw the upper wings.
We will attach wings to it. On the left and right of the body, sketch out the wings of an oval shape.
- Draw the lower wings.
Draw the same wings, only half the size and with a downward slope. Now our insect can fly.
- Draw patterns on the wings.
To make our butterfly even more prettier, draw circles on each wing. Then these wonderful creatures will take on a charming appearance.
- Color the drawing.
Since the butterfly is bright and cheerful in nature, we also used bright colors. You can use the same shades, or paint the butterfly in your favorite colors.
Interesting facts about butterflies:
- In the Saturnium butterfly, the caterpillar is so poisonous that the toxins it releases can kill a person.
- The migratory monarch butterfly is able to cover up to 1000 km in one flight, without stopping to rest.
- Butterflies do not sleep at night because they do not need sleep.
- During a flight over short distances, hawk makers can reach speeds of up to 60 km / h.
- The baby moth is the smallest butterfly with a wing size of 2 mm.
- Madagascar hawk moths have the longest proboscis, which is 28 cm long.
- The size of the wings of the Tisia agrippina butterfly reaches 31 cm.
- The sense of smell in the peacock-eyed butterfly is very developed: it smells at a distance of 10 km.
Guys, drawing tutorial has come to an end. I am sure you have a beautiful picture. If you liked the lesson, you can share it with your friends on social networks. You can also look at other lessons for kids.